Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CET Results



Soaring on that HEADY FEELING

After Two Years Of Dedicated Study, These Toppers Are Ready To Raise A Toast And Step Out Into A New World To Shape Their Dreams


TAKE NOTE 

• All scanned OMR sheets along with evaluation report will be hosted on KEA website 

• Candidates are to verify the qualifying exam marks shown against their CET No. before attending document verification. If there are any discrepancies, it should be reported by email or fax to KEA. 

• If the result is withheld/not announced for want of II PU/Class 12 marks card/proof of DoB, such candidates have to submit photocopies of the documents to KEA from June 8 onwards by fax or email (keauthority-ka@nic.in). 

• Mere assignment of ranks does not confirm the right of a candidate to select a seat, until the original documents are verified during the verification process. 

• If any variation in II PU marks takes place after revaluation, fresh ranks will be assigned soon after publication of the revaluation results. The preuniversity department sends published results to KEA. The candidates need not come to KEA with revised marks. 
AFTER VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS, CANDIDATES 
    WILL GET THE FOLLOWING ITEMS 

• Acknowledgment card for having verified documents (green card) 

• Verification slip with secret key 

• User hand book detailing step by step information on online counselling 

• Audio-visual CD containing training session on online counselling 

• Video presentation- interactive class (question and answer session) in all helpline centres after verification

MEDICAL


'AIIMS IS MY FIRST CHOICE' Archana Sasi | Rank 1 QE-97.333%, CET-95%, TOTAL-95% 
National Public School, HAL 

    Rank 1 in the Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education and Research (Jipmer) test, rank 7 in All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and rank 1 in Common Entrance Test (CET), what more can one ask for! Archana Sasi did it again after featuring among toppers in Class XII results. "I've got better ranks in other exams and am awaiting AIIMS results. I'm looking at Bangalore Medical College through AIPMT and CET, but will grab AIIMS if I get it. Although I studied CBSE, I went through the PU textbook for biology. I enjoy watching television, but made a conscious effort to minimize on that distraction," says Archana. Apart from an innate love for books, Archana enjoys listening to music as the stress buster. "Focus and determination helped me achieve what I always desired," says Archana.


GRANNY'S BOY LOVES MEDICINE Pritesh Kumar N | Rank 2 QE-99.333%, CET-94.444%, TOTAL-94.444% 
Sadvidya Comp PU College, Mysore 

    He calls himself his grandmother's favourite boy. Pritesh, 17, loves dropping his grandmother to the temple and picking her up after that. "I love spending time with her. Medicine has always attracted me and the human body has intrigued me," says Pritesh, a student of Sadvidya Composite PU College in Mysore. Son of a businessman, Pritesh wanted to see himself in a white apron and a stethoscope around his neck. "I studied on a regular basis. I'd like to join Mysore Medical College as this will give me a chance to stay with my family as well. I also love painting landscapes and sceneries," said Pritesh.


'BIOLOGY FASCINATES ME' L M Veeresh | Rank 3 QE-97.667%, CET-93.33%, TOTAL-93.333% 
Expert PU College, Mangalore 

    Veeresh always aspired to be a doctor. His love for the profession invited his father's anger a number of times, as Veeresh started neglecting other subjects. "I love biology. The subject fascinates me. My father had a problem with me devoting time to biology and not mathematics. I also appeared for AFMC and am through the written test. Through CET, I would like to get into Bangalore Medical College," said Veeresh, who loves watching Discovery channel as it acts as a stress buster. Son of a veterinary doctor and homemaker, Veeresh wants to be a urologist. "I studied hard during the past 2-3 months and worked on my weak points. I am ecstatic about the CET result," signed off Veeresh.


ENGINEERING


'I WANT TO FIND SOLUTIONS' Deepa M | Rank 1 QE-99.667%, CET-95.556%, TOTAL-97.612% 
MES Kishore Kendra PU College, Bangalore 

    This is the second time in a fortnight that laurels are coming Deepa's way. After topping the Science stream in pre-university exam, now it's CET. Her father, who lives in Shimoga, is yet to meet her. "He might come this Saturday. I am dying to meet him," Deepa said. She is waiting for the AIEEE results on June 15. If she fails to make it, she will opt for electronics at RV College of Engineering. "These two years were hectic. I didn't get time to study at home till January... It was college and tuitions all the way… I wanted engineering because I hate biology. I prefer to work out problems and find solutions."


HIS FINAL GOAL IS CIVIL SERVICE Raj V Jain | Rank 2 QE-99.667%, CET-93.333%, TOTAL-96.5% 
Bellary Independent PU College, Bellary 

    After his PU exam, Raj threw himself into preparing for CET, referring to notes and texts suggested by teachers. He knew he would get good marks, but didn’t expect top ranking. “Hard work, commitment to complete the syllabus and following instructions of our teachers helped me,” said a happy Raj. He’s decided on BE in Computer Science, to nurture his childhood dream of becoming an IAS officer. “After BE, I’ll work hard to reach my goal. I want to serve society and solve their problems, and found that becoming an IAS officer is the only way,” said Raj.


'SOLVING PROBLEMS GIVES ME JOY' Sagar Honnungar | Rank 3 QE-97.667%, CET-95%, TOTAL-96.334% 
National Public School, Rajajinagar, Bangalore 

    Sagar wasn't worried on Wednesday. He knows where he's headed -- IIT Madras, for mechanical engineering. "I wanted to take up IITJEE because my parents told me it's challenging. I wanted to take up that challenge and prove myself. I might do MS abroad later on." Son of an engineer and a homemaker, Sagar loves to solve sudoku and kakuro. "I like solving problems. It gives me a special joy," he said.


ISMH


DOC IN THE MAKING Chandana Acharya | Rank 2 QE-99.333%, CET-93.333%, TOTAL-96.333% 
Vidyodaya PU College, Udupi 

    Chandana aspires to be a doctor. This animal lover says her parents are her role models and she would also like to be a successful medical practitioner like them. "I’d like to take up medicine as my career and I'm more interested in allopathy. I got rank 4 in medical and would like to join Kasturba Medical College in Manipal,” said Chandana.


ARCHITECTURE


CREATIVITY IS PART OF HER Naksha S | Rank 1 QE-95%, NATA-69%, TOTAL-82% 
Mount Carmel PU College, Bangalore 

    This 18-year-old has lived up to her name. Naksha always desired to be an architect and sketch a superstructure some day. With a knack for writing, Naksha says she's inherited her creative talent from her parents. "My father is an architect and mother, a writer. I always wanted to be an architect. I am eyeing CEPT Ahmedabad, after I scored 138 out of 200 in NATA. I would like to take up a degree course in architecture as other streams are considered subordinate," says Naksha, who also played chief editor of her college magazine. Some day, Naksha wants to design architecture which will be counted among the 'wonders of the world'. "I am waiting to design a building that will hold its own significant place and will be looked up for years to come," said Naksha.


DESIGNING WONDERS IS HIS FUTURE Pavan Kumar S | Rank 2 QE-92.8%, NATA-70.5%, TOTAL-81.65% 
Sri Kumaran Children's Home, Bangalore 

    If not architecture, it would have been engineering for Pavan, who feels that interest for a subject is something that can help you pass an exam with flying colours. "I scored 141 out of 200 in NATA. I feel it's hard work from the beginning that pays off at the end. If you are interested in the subject, you are bound to do well. I am looking forward to studying at CEPT Ahmedabad, and designing some skyscrapers," said Pavan. It's his love for sketching and drawing that fetched him the magic rank. "I love drawing pictures of cine stars and buildings. I always enjoyed sketching during my leisure time, and I'm happy that it's paid off," said Pavan.


A LOVE FOR BUILDINGS Prithvi D Hegde | Rank 3 QE-93%, NATA-67.5%, TOTAL-80.25% 
National Hill View Public School, Bangalore 

    She has an eye for detail. An aspiring architect, Prithvi says it is important to notice details around you in order to be a good architect. "I always felt I had it in me. Especially the way I could notice details, not only of buildings, but of anything and everything around. Although I did appear for the medical stream, architecture has been my preference. I have also written the BITS Pilani exam, and am expecting a good result," said Prithvi. Apart from buildings, books by Paulo Coelho and fiction pull Prithvi with the same intensity. "I love reading books. I didn't let go of this hobby even while I was preparing for NATA. I scored 135 out of 200 and am looking forward to joining CEPT Ahmedabad," says Prithvi.


MUMS ROCK: Archana Sasi, Deepa M and Naksha S, who topped the medical, engineering and architecture streams respectively, celebrate with their mothers in Bangalore on Wednesday, after the CET results were declared








Links
Newspaper View
Quick View
Jump to Next Search Result
Jump to Next Search Result
Jump to Next Search Result
Add item to Favourites
Send item by E-mail
Print item
Feedback
Share on Facebook
Share on Delicious
Share on Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment